New Resident Info

This page provides an overview of information for new residents of the Village of Hainesville. Greater detail on each of these topics is located at the linked pages. Please note that townhome associations handle the water and garbage for townhome residents as part of their monthly assessment dues. If you have any questions, please call your townhome association directly.

Utilities Information

Water and sewer accounts for single-family homes are established at the Village Hall. If you are a new resident in a single-family home, we will need to have a copy of your driver’s license and a copy of a portion of your closing papers with your name and Hainesville address for verification. Please visit the Water & Utilities page for details.

Utility bills are sent via email and are due on the 10th of the month. If you haven’t already, please fill out and submit the attached E-Billing Authorization Agreement on the Water & Utilities page of this website.

Garbage Pickup

Garbage pick-up is on Fridays. Please have your containers at the curb by 6:30 am on Friday. Garbage/Recycling bins may not be stored in front of the home. Observance of some holidays may cause a delay in garbage pickup. The garbage schedule is available on the Village calendar.

For more details on Garbage Collection, rates and recycling guidelines, please visit our Garbage & Recycling page.

Renting Your Home?

If you are planning to RENT out your home, an Occupancy Inspection from our office is required. Details and fees are outlined on the Building Permits page.

General Information

A vehicle cannot be parked over the sidewalk. This is an Illinois statute.

If your home has a sidewalk, it should be kept clear of snow and ice.

There is no parking on Village streets between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. If there is a need to park a vehicle on the street overnight, please call the police department at 847-223-2341 or select the Request Overnight Parking button from the home page.

Grass and weeds must be kept mowed and cannot be over 8 inches in height. For more information, please see the Yard Waste section of the Garbage & Recycling page.


To view Village communications, visit the form in the sidebar (or below if on a tablet or mobile device) to sign up to receive the monthly Village Newsletter via email.

Events & Meetings

To view Board Meeting dates, visit the Board Meetings Page.

To view events going on in the Village, view the full Events Calendar Page or view a Calendar snapshot in the sidebar to the right (or below if on a tablet or mobile device).

Dial 911 for
after hours emergencies

Receive Emergency
Alerts & Notifications

View Village Ordinances

Village Calendar

Get the Newsletter!

FORM Newsletter Opt-in
Enter email address
Re-enter email address

Follow us on Social Media